The job of an event planner is nothing more than being able to carefully manage endless lists. With that, comes stress, anxiety and sometimes a lack of sleep. Yet crossing off a completed task, makes managing endless lists worth it. That is my “I feel so accomplished” moment.
Tips on how to manage endless lists in event planning:
- Write every task out and then prioritize.
- Write the top 10 items on bright colored paper. Do not write on the back. Starting with 10 tasks can help ease anxiety and is more manageable.
- Focus on one item at a time, crossing them off as you complete each task.
- Follow this process until all tasks are finished.
- Treat yourself at each set of 10 tasks completed. This helps you relax before moving on.
Please keep in mind:
- Endless lists don’t end with an event, they end with thank you
- Be flexible and stay calm
- Remember to not take yourself or the event too seriously, because nothing in life is perfect